If you want to be a serious blogger with the potential to earn, you may want to consider taking time to study about Search Engine Optimization or SEO for short. This is the secret of a lot of bloggers on how they attract readers. From the term itself, you will optimize the search engine. When I say search engine, I am referring to Google, Yahoo!, and Bing for example. Don’t confuse the search engine with the browser. 😉
Let us define the terms:
- Search Engine Optimization is the process of attracting the maximum possible number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the said website will appear as one of the top results returned by a search engine.
- Search Engine is a term that refers to the software system that is designed to search for the information you are looking for in the internet. The results bought back to you by a search engine are usually called as the Search Engine Results Pages or SERPs.
What can you find in the SERPs? A couple of webpages, images, videos, news, and other related materials.
- Optimization is the act or a method that aims to make something (like a design, a system, or a decision) as fully perfect, functional, or as effective as possible.
So if we combine these terms, SEO means that we are pushing the search engines to the best that they can when it comes to finding our website and putting it on the top results page. Do you think this is beneficial for a blogger? Personally, my answer would be yes.
What are the benefits of learning Search Engine Optimization? I made a short list below.
- With the correct tweaking, you will be able to boost the popularity of your website. SEO allows the search engine to easily find your website in case a keyword inputted by a user can be find in your website. For example, a user is looking for Cheap Garden Tools and coincidentally, you have discussed where to buy cheap garden tools just five days ago.
If you know how to do your SEO, there’s a higher chance that your website will be part of the first page of results. Meaning, it will be easily seen by the person who is searching. Do you click to the second page of a search result? Sometimes, if you’re desperate enough, but most of the time, what we are looking for can already be found in the first page.
SEO will help put your website in the first page of the search results which will make it more visible to people who are searching.
- Now since your website is on the first page of the search results, there’s also a high chance of a steady daily increase of website traffic. If you want to earn through blogging, you better increase those visitors.
- If you take time to study SEO, you will know that it’s for free. Although, you may need to invest on add-ons if you really want to but they aren’t necessary, I believe. You just need to be smart. Studying SEO is also free. You will be able to find lots of materials to study on the internet. Ah, the wonders of the internet right?
Just one click and you know everything!
- SEO makes your website stand out more. Think of all that newbie websites popping all over, and not to mention, there’s also a lot of already popular websites that you have to compete with. With SEO, you will be able to give your website the popularity boost that it needs.
A lot of website owners are already taking time to study SEO, and there’s no reasons for you not to too. If you want to compete, you will need to step up your game.
- With SEO, you will also be able to reach the right people. Those readers who will stay and read your content daily. Those people who are really interest in what you have to say.They will be the ones who will keep your website traffic alive and kicking daily.
I’m sure there’s still a lot more benefits when it comes to SEO but I gotta run! Let’s talk about some of the Blogging Basics that you should be aware about again soon. Have a great day! If you have questions, you can drop a comment below. I’m not claiming to be an SEO expert, but I’ve been studying it for a year now so I know a thing or two. There’s always Google though. Haha.
Stay Inspired! ❤