Our faces are one of the first things that people notice about us so it isn’t really a surprise that most of us would prefer to keep it as flawless as we can. Of course, there are a lot of ways that you can do so but there’s always the natural way before we turn for help from the pharmacies. Doing it the natural way has a lot of benefits which are (1) it is cheaper, (2) the chances of us ruining our faces are lower since the ingredients that we will be using are all natural, and (3) it is good for our skin and body.
Here are some easy ways on how you can remove the annoying dark spots on your face.
Who would’ve thought that lemons make great dark spot removers too aside from being a refreshing drink? We’ve often seen lemon being squeezed into a lemonade drink when we were young. Maybe we were even doing the squeezing ourselves. Lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C. If you aren’t aware, the pH balance of Vitamin C is a little acidic and it is this acidity that allows it to easily remove the dark spots and dead cells on our skin that make it such a great agent to get that flawless toned look.And not to mention, Vitamin C is also great when it comes to promoting healing so aside from clearing up your skin, it also helps in closing up wounds. And it is considered as a bleaching agent so it also helps whiten your skin. 😉
So how do you do this?
– Slice a lemon
– Wash your face. Make sure that you remove your make up and that your face is clean
– Lightly rub the lemon slice on your face or areas with the dark spots
– Let it settle for 5 minutes before you rinse it off
Now, it will sting a bit because of the lemon’s acidic nature but sometimes you have to endure a little pain for beauty. Some people prefer to add a little bit of honey on the lemon slice – maybe one to two drops – but I find that too sticky so I stick with lemon. It really works.
NOTE: Don’t let it stay too long on your face because it is acidic and may cause harm than good.
- OATMEALI’ve heard of Oatmeal being good for dry itchy skin, but I never thought that they’d be good with dark spots too. Surprisingly, Oatmeal is great when it comes to exfoliating your skin. It’s easy! You can simply apply an Oatmeal mask to your face and neck (let’s not forget your neck) to remove the dead skin cells and some annoying dark spots too!
You will need a little help from lemon during the application.
– Grind the oatmeal oats
– Add a little bit of lemon juice, maybe around 3 to 4 teaspoons of it.
– Mix them together to make a paste
– Gently scrub on your face
– Let it settle for a few minutes, maybe around 2 to 3 minutes
– Rinse and gently pat your face and neck dry
You can do this once or twice a week to see results! Remember, the results aren’t instantaneous especially since we are doing it the natural way. Having a little patience can go a long way.
- POTATOPotato is a versatile vegetable. I personally enjoy potato whether it is fried, baked, stir-fried, and all the wonderful ways that you can cook it. I’m sure you have some potatoes in your pantry that you can spare. Who knew that potatoes can have good effects on your skin too right? It’s really surprising in a good way, of course.
Now, this method is really easy.
– Wash the potato before you slice it up
– Place one slice directly on top of the dark spots
– Leave it on for a few minutes
– Wash your face with lukewarm water
Another great way to use potato would be to add a little bit of honey.
There are still a lot of other ways on how you can naturally get rid of the dark spots on your face but these three are the easiest. You can easily find the lemon, oatmeal, and potato in your refrigerator. That’s the best part! Enjoy your dark spot free face! Remember the results aren’t instantaneous, you need a little patience and determination. If you get any adverse reaction like redness or itchiness, then wash your face immediately. If it doesn’t go away, consult a doctor. Hopefully, that doesn’t happen often since the ingredients are natural. 🙂
Stay inspired! ❤