If you want to be known on the internet for the right things, you need to take time to create your own personal brand. What is personal branding? Personal branding is the practice of people who market themselves and their careers as brands. Take bloggers for example or Youtubers. Your success will come from how you package yourself. It may be a little bit confusing a first because isn’t the hardest question in an interview is “Tell me about yourself?” How will you be able to create a personal brand when you aren’t sure of who you are yet?
Don’t stress and don’t pressure yourself. We’ve all been there. ❤
Below are simple and easy to understand steps on how you can get started on creating the perfect personal brand! ❤
- TO CREATE YOUR OWN PERSONAL BRAND, you must first and foremost know who you are (or who you want to be)! Take a piece of paper and take time to answer these questions:
What are my skills?
What am I good at?
What do you want people to associate with you when they think of your name?
What are your passions?
“AUTHENTICITY IS THE KEY IN THE DIGITAL AGE.” – Michael Simmons
You don’t have to portray yourself as perfect, just real. People are drawn to things and people who are genuine, not those that are fake. People want to connect with other people and to feel that they aren’t alone. Keep that in mind.
(If you need more help in getting to know who you are, talk to your trust friends and family. Ask how they perceive you. What do they have to say about you? Also it won’t hurt to check out your present search results on Google. What can people read about you online? You need to take note of those. Hopefully, they will help.)
- COMMUNICATION IS IMPORTANT. Whether it’s through speaking or writing, learning how to effectively communicate with other people is important. By communicating effectively, you will be able to share your thoughts and opinions better. Communication is the building block of a relationship.
Don’t be afraid to voice out, but also don’t disrespect other people when you are voicing out your own opinions. Remember that not everyone will like you, some may criticize or disagree with you, while others will back you up.
- GET YOUR OWN SPACE ON THE INTERNET. Many people say that you should get your own website domain, but personally, you can make your own Facebook Page, or YouTube account. Not everyone is into making a blog or a website so let’s not limit ourselves there.
But it’s great to own your own dot com, though, just in case someone purchases it before you do. 😉
Using this space that you now own, you can promote yourself there. Put up your own art or videos.
Think about what you want to achieve with the help of this internet platform that you have chosen. Pick the right market. Who do you think will be interested in what you have to say? And make sure that you are clear and consistent.
Take time to choose a catchy online name that depicts who you are and what you are trying to say to the world. This will make it easier for your followers to remember you.
- Now that you have built your online presence, it’s time to somehow let yourself be known. Promote your blog! You don’t have to obsessively spam people about it. Put a link up on your social media websites. Share your posts from time to time. Don’t forget to use hashtags! Center your communications on your blog like: “Read more about this on my blog at _______”.
- KEEP LEARNING. It never stops. Constantly improve and think of what more you can do. Create relationships with your readers! Participate in forums and threads.
Know any other tips? Leave it in the comments below! ❤ Good luck and have a great day! Hope this article was helpful somehow! ❤