People often tell me that I have great skin especially around my face area. Unknown to most though, I actually have atopic dermatitis and eczema. My skin is just super dry to the point that it cracks and even has scales sometimes. In fact, I was bullied because of my skin when I was in primary school. I’ve always been insecure of my skin.
Due to this I’ve researched all the skin care habits and routines that I should be doing to my skin type. It’s not just for vanity though! As a nurse, I know that our primary defense against bacteria and viruses is our skin so a little cut on your skin could mean an entry way for them. Anyway, here are some tips!
- WASH YOUR FACE. Sometimes I use soap and sometimes I don’t. If I do use soap, I use the white dove beauty bar to wash my face. I wash my face twice – when I wake up in the morning and when I arrive at home after a long day. As of the moment, I’ve invested in some Korean beauty products so I use a facial cleanser from Aloe Derma.They also have a Brightening Facial Mask which I also use after the cleanser. I like the feeling that these two products give my skin. It’s so light and I feel that my skin is really clean.
- Exfoliate with Calamansi or Lemon. I don’t do this all the time since the acid can harm your skin too! Citrus acid is great if you want to get rid of dark spots and want a fairer skin. Don’t let it stay too long on your skin as it can sting a bit.
- DRINK A LOT OF WATER. I’m glad to say that I drink around 3 Liters of a water a day. I’m not bragging! I do! I have this large one liter tupperware jug that I carry around. It might also be because I’m breastfeeding but I’m thristy ALL the time. Plus it’s hot in my country now. Summer is here!
- Don’t use too many make up products or don’t put on too heavy make up. I’m not telling you to stop putting on make up, just make sure that you use products that are light for your skin. I don’t use foundation everyday. BB cream is alright with. I use ELF’S BB Cream and then I just dab on a little cheek tint from Tony Moly.
- SLEEP IS YOUR FRIEND. For me, sleep is my bestfriend. One time, I didn’t sleep for more than 24 hours because I was so immersed in a book I was reading (Ninyatippett’s Rush and Restraint!). I immediatrly regretted it when three pimples popped out on my face. Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!
I won’t say “Eat fruits and veggies” because I rarely do. Junk food is life! LOL but I probably should. Cleanliness is next to a flawless skin, gals. What are your skin care secrets? Share them in the comments below! 😍