Hello new moms! 💕 Has your baby reached the age of 6 months already? Is it time for her to eat her first solids?
If you are as excited as I was, here is a quick delicious meal that you can start with. As an Asian, rice will always be a staple dish in our dinner table. No meal is complete without rice. 🍙🍚
My baby is 6 months now (turning 7 in two weeks actually) so we’ve started giving her solids. She is a little picky but she enjoys her rice cereal.
Here we are now! Look at her grow! 🙂
HOW TO MAKE RICE CEREAL
Hubby and I enjoy Japanese rice so that’s the kind that we purchase from the supermarket. The thing with Japanese rice is that you have you let it soak in rice 30 minutes longer than your typical rice. This makes the Japanese rice stickier.
Things you need:
- Blender / Food Processor
- Uncooked rice
- Baby bowl
- Baby spoon
- Depending on how much you baby eats, you should rinse the uncooked rice 2/3 times. I usually get half a cup.
- Let the wet rice dry in a cloth. Just make sure it is dry when you grind it. Usually I make wet or clean the rice in the morning and then grind it late in the afternoon.
- Put the now dry rice in the blender and turn it on. Make sure that all the rice grains will be hit by the blades. Remember you baby might choke. After bleding, the rice should be in a powder-like consistency.
- In a pan, fill it with enough water. I usually use distilled drinking water. I don’t use from the tap because I can never be too sure if it is really clean.
- Turn on the stove. Wait until the water is about to boil, pour two tablespoons of the rice powder and stir.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes dry and sticky like cheap glue.
- Transfer to a bowl. And set aside to cool down. Before giving it to baby, be sure to test it yourself if its too hot.
Easy right? 🙂 What other meals or menus are you feeding your baby?